Harassment Attorney in Shakopee, Minnesota Including Scott County, Carver County and Dakota County

A Harassment Restraining Order (HRO) instructs a person to stop harassing you, or to refrain from having any contact with you. If you believe that a person is harassing you, you can ask a court to issue a Harassment Restraining Order. Mr. Peterson is an experienced Minnesota harassment attorney that can help you obtain, or defend against, a harassment restraining order.

Bases for a Harassment Restraining Order

Anyone who’s been harassed or threatened by any individual can petition for a Harassment Restraining Order. ”Harassment” is defined as behavior which causes the person being harassed to feel afraid, intimidated, threatened, or persecuted. In order for you to obtain a Harassment Restraining Order in Minnesota, you must also show that the person has made several intrusive acts against you through words or gestures. These acts should have been intended to deeply impact your safety or privacy.

Harassment Restraining Orders can also be obtained if you can show that the person:

  • Intends to harm you;
  • Intends to harm your property;
  • Stalks you;
  • Harasses you through phone calls; or
  • Harasses you through mail, letters or packages.

Evidence may be presented in the form of testimony, or documentation.

Temporary Harassment Restraining Orders

At first, a Harassment Restraining Order will be temporary. This will continue until such time as a hearing can be held. If the harasser violates the terms of the Harassment Restraining Order, he/she may be arrested and charged with a crime.

Minor Harassment Restraining Orders

It’s not just adults who can seek a Harassment Restraining Order. If a minor child is being harassed, a guardian or parent can obtain a Restraining Order on behalf of the minor child.

Contact Christian Peterson Law Office for a free consultation!

Have additional questions? We offer free consultations to all potential clients. Call (612)269-1902, email at christian@crplaw.com or complete our free case evaluation form.